Monday 19 August 2013

The last brothers of filth and an invitation - Battle Chaos Part 21

Ok, so for today, Here are some of what I expect to be the last crappy pictures of my Nurgle Warband. I hope to achieve a better photo studio (one I wouldn't move or break all the time with a proper camera)

The first is the one holding the grenade launcher. This one has greatly suffered with the loss of a shoulder some 17 years ago. At the time I was completely obsessed with 40K and tried to alter everything to make it look futuristic. This lad here got his shoulder replaced with a marine shoulder pad (now I reapaired it with a plastic marauder one) and he had a backpack with guitar strings to link it to the gun. This version is a desperate attempt at reapairing this non sense :


 This one is a very special one for me since it's the first Nurgle champion I got which also makes him one of the very first lead minis I got in 1990. This is the 3rd time I paint him and it's always a pleasure to spend some time with him. It looks like anything you want, it could be a sorceror or a warrior or a marauder, anything...
This time I painted the skin green although I terribly wanted to avoid it. I don't know why I didn't, I'm weak...This version is nonetheless the most realistic version of him, the first version of him had its fly parts painted red and the use of purple made it stand a lot on the gametable. The satin varnish kils every constrast on this picture though.


 Apart form the various projects I talked about in previous posts, I found myself wanting to start my eldar force from scratch. Evreything has been stripped and repaired. It consists of a mixture of Rogue trader stuff and 2nd ed. I tried to modify as much as I could because some minis had been damaged and some others needed a serious makeover.
This army will be a challenge in the fact I want it to be fit for both Rogue trader and the last version of 40K. SInce I haven't played the new rules for the latest eldar coedx, I still don't see how to play a good autarch (I know I want one) and fex other things but anyway, rules will come second as they always do in my armies. Bad-ass look and good models come first.

My Eldrard was designed to emphasise the fact he is old and most certainly relying on his staff to stand as much as for its powers


The eldar dreadnaught because I thought the only options of pose would look silly. I may have overdone it with his "hey guy" look but I like the fact he looks like he's leading some people on the front.
I'm looking for a real retro paintjob on this one with lots of red and bone but I still don't know wether I want a bone armour with red helmet or a ed armour and bone helmet... The aspects warriors will also have the same colour device with slight alterations to remind of their original colours.

At last, I would like to have your attention if you are willing to play some nice game in the most pleasant and oldhammery way and you are around Grenoble in France, here is the way. If you aren't you probably might find other groups of the same kind.
If you don't know about the oldhammer community, let's just say that if you fancy good narrative non-competitive gaming and you have some little nostalgia on the good ol'days of GW, then you might have found the right place.
Don't take my word on this one, click on the logo on your right to get what it's all about.


Next post is about Kaleb since I just finished the mini with all options before he goes on the painting range, that and a silly rooster who might become the most heroic chicken ever...

10 comments:

  1. Hey Asslessman,

    That Flyguy looks Fly! Nice. And I love the top Nurgle Champ too. One day I want to have a whole unit of them to give my Chaos some shooting oomph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fly guy is actually called Marty.
      Just wait for the good photos I hope to be making soon... It's true a whole unit of grenade launchers could do some nice damage in a field...

      Delete
  2. Good to see the old Nurgle Warriors, and well painted too.

    Eldrad looks great, but I love the way you have re-positioned the Dreadnought, and look forward to seeing it painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the painted version os not for now, foot soldiers may come first !

      Delete
  3. Nice restoration on that Champion (That one was I think the first one I ever bought). Nice paint job on the fly-head. Like the very dark skin on it - works very well.

    Think you nailed the pose on the Eldar Dreadnought. I think there is some great versions in the old Fantasy Miniatures book if you are looking for inspiraiton. /Hans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have to dig this out to check, thanks for the tip ! I'm fueled up for the eldars these days, I definitely want to sort something special for them.

      Delete
  4. I'll add my vote to the Nurgle champion as well. Very nice. It looks like it was worth painting him three times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, It definitely was, the painting is better but the colour choice could still improve...
      Hug your orcs goodbye Sean and let them have a rest in dettol! You will feel that youth energy painting them once again.

      Delete
  5. I have just purchased some gaps in my second edition Eldar and stripped some old one including an armourcast falcon so I am definitly keen to see where you take this. The nurgle guy looks awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, once the colour choice issue is resolved, I should get my hands on starting them soon. I also have some idea for the avatar to make it look original but that will be a hard thing so we'll see, eager to see what you come up with too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...